Historic Volo has been populated for at least 160 years. The area was originally named Forksville, but in 1868 the name was changed to Volo. This has always been an active community, with churches, blacksmiths, stores, taverns, a creamery and many residences.
It wasn’t until 1993 that Volo was officially incorporated. The people who called Volo home didn’t want Volo to be absorbed into the surrounding villages.
As the new incorporation grew, it became apparent to the officials that Volo had an opportunity to develop a complete comprehensive plan to serve Volo’s people properly.
It has been a concerted effort by both landowners and residents to produce our comprehensive plan.